Domestic Violence Attorney
Domestic violence is one of the most difficult areas of family law. Charles Branton’s in-depth experience with domestic violence issues gives him a critical advantage when handling your case. He has spent many years representing clients in both civil and criminal proceedings involving domestic violence and domestic abuse battery.
Unfortunately, in some marriages, one spouse can be the victim of abuse. Those who suffer abuse are entitled to aggressive representation designed to protect them and their children. If you are undergoing abuse or are trapped in an abusive situation, obtaining a protective order is one of the many ways Branton Law Firm can help you.
A protective order is a court order that prohibits the abusing spouse/significant other from contacting, threatening, harassing or coming near the protected or abused person. Often, a protective order will include the following:
- A prohibition involving abuse, harassment, stalking, threatening or coming near the protected person(s) home, business, place of employment, school, or other specific areas.
- A protective order that prohibits the abusive individual from contacting you in any way including personally, electronically or digitally, by phone, in writing, through a third party or through social media;
- An order granting the abused individual use of a residence, vehicle or other furniture and protected items;
- An order that requires the abusive individual to return certain property to the abused individual;
- An order that awards legal, temporary custody of minor children to the abused individual;
- An order that obligates the abusive partner to seek and obtain counseling, psychological testing, professional medical examinations;
- As well as an order requiring that they pay court costs, attorney’s fees or other fees.
Abuse should never be tolerated. If you believe that you and/or your children are victims of an abusive relationship, you should file a petition for protection from abuse without delay. Charles Branton has extensive experience in this area of the law and will help you complete and file all necessary paperwork, as well as represent you at the hearing.
Whether you are charged with domestic violence or are the victim of domestic violence, Charles Branton will provide you with aggressive, effective representation.
Contact Branton Law Firm at (985) 807-1410 to schedule your free, initial consultation on your domestic violence case.